The company was founded as Messrs. See- und Fluß-Transport GmbH (SFT) in Bremen
on February 3rd, 1959. The company's main purpose was ship broking and stevedoring
as well as related services.
On May 18th, 1961 Messrs. Rhein-, Maas- und See-Schiffahrtskontor GmbH in Duisburg
took over all shares. The name of the company, however, remained unchanged.
In September 1980, the name of the company was changed to RMS Schiffahrtskontor
Bremen GmbH and the well known logo "RMS" has also been used by our company